Day 43/365: No one reads this anymore

Heya!

Been making a bit of progress today at least. Been squishing a few bugs, fleshing out the state system. It’s progressing nicely 😀
TOmorrow is friday so I promise I’ll write more then 🙂

Day 42/365: Moving forward

Hey!
Forgot to make a post yesterday – Was a bit too occupied.

I did make quite some process. Got a lot of foundation done. But I ran into a annoying little bug, a sigsegv – segmentation error. First time I’ve encountered one of those. The game compiles and everything, but as soon as you run the game, it crashes and leaves basically no error. Nothing that helps me debug what is actually going on.

I do know however that my previous commit didn’t have the error so I’m backtracing my changes to see what could cause it.

Day 41/365: Been a bad day

Hey, Sry this post wont be long. It’s been a bad night and a bad day. Didnt sleep well at all so I’ve had issues focusing…

Been discussing if we should announce our game-project this week. Our artist say he’s ready for it. Unfortunately, the code-side isn’t ready. I guess we’ll wait for a while.

Day 40/365: I’m hooome

Home again from my parents house – It’s time to get greasy.

We managed to get some work done at least! Feels great! Even though we’ve changed framework, language even, and have to do a lot of stuff from the very bottom up.
Soon we’ll be ready to let our engine roar and start drawing pretty stuff.

Time to sleep now and I hope you all have a great night!

Day 39/365: Tick tock

Omg. Haha.
We found out some more info about VS (Visual Studio), so it wont work for us anymore. We’re gonna attempt ith Netbeans now. We have made a process we both need to follow to be enable to share our code between eachother.

It’s a bit weird way to achieve what we want, but it works. At least now we can get started coding.. Can’t wait!

Day 38/365: I wanna work

I’ve been very busy the last few days and the upcomming days doesn’t look better. Need to be places, need to do other stuff. It’s really annoying when I just want to work.

In a couple of days I’ll travel home again atleast, once I’m there and deal with a few minor issues I can start working on my project full time again.

 

As I wrote yesterday, we’ve been having a few issues with our development environment, but it seems like we’ve solved it now. Visual studio seem to support what we need and do the job we require. This will be my first project in a very long time made not only with c++ but it’s produced in visual studio. My last project there was the “Mando”-container I made during college. “Mando” was a container which worked similar to a associative array in php. I’m not sure how effective it was or how much resources it required (probably a lot since I’ve learned much the past few years alone).

We did set some goals while we were planning on the new engine, make all the basic classes and get the rendering going before the end of the weekend.
I’m not so sure we can accomplish it now since we had this major crisis with our IDE, but we’ll give it a go. Hopefully we’ll at least be close to accomplishing them.