Been a month now since I posted. I haven’t really missed it but I do wish I’d post more.
Writing about nothing isn’t really my sort of thing, I’ve been kinda in a rut lately so deving hasn’t really been fun lately. I’m slowly working on improving my mood and my emotional state every day. Which sadly means I’m in no position to force myself to do stuff I don’t feel like doing.
A friend of mine is trying to cheer me on and help me get back on track. I’m not so sure how well it’s working though. When I’m supposed to dev I just sit there, look through my code and I have a hard time of finding the direction I need to persue in order to advance my project.
A few updates since last time atleast.. The code for buildings is started, the core is complete atleast. Same with Zoning, you know rooms e.t.c.
A Gui has turned up – A few placeholder text-buttons that actually do stuff. Although the GUI looks like crap atm… But we can sand that off.
Tomorrow I’ll try to get some more coding done – I think what I should focus on is getting the building’s more fleshed out and zoning inside buildings need to be fixed…
It’s been almost a month since I posted anything.
I decided to stop my 365-day/post challenge simply cause I wasn’t feeling up for it anymore.
I’m still working hard on my project, It’s slowly getting bigger and bigger. I decided to take a step back to Java and Libgdx, simply cause it would help us out more in the late run than c++ would be able to. It would take too much work and too much time to get it working properly…
Been making a bit of progress today at least. Been squishing a few bugs, fleshing out the state system. It’s progressing nicely 😀
TOmorrow is friday so I promise I’ll write more then 🙂
Forgot to make a post yesterday – Was a bit too occupied.
I did make quite some process. Got a lot of foundation done. But I ran into a annoying little bug, a sigsegv – segmentation error. First time I’ve encountered one of those. The game compiles and everything, but as soon as you run the game, it crashes and leaves basically no error. Nothing that helps me debug what is actually going on.
I do know however that my previous commit didn’t have the error so I’m backtracing my changes to see what could cause it.
Hey, Sry this post wont be long. It’s been a bad night and a bad day. Didnt sleep well at all so I’ve had issues focusing…
Been discussing if we should announce our game-project this week. Our artist say he’s ready for it. Unfortunately, the code-side isn’t ready. I guess we’ll wait for a while.
Home again from my parents house – It’s time to get greasy.
We managed to get some work done at least! Feels great! Even though we’ve changed framework, language even, and have to do a lot of stuff from the very bottom up.
Soon we’ll be ready to let our engine roar and start drawing pretty stuff.
Time to sleep now and I hope you all have a great night!
We found out some more info about VS (Visual Studio), so it wont work for us anymore. We’re gonna attempt ith Netbeans now. We have made a process we both need to follow to be enable to share our code between eachother.
It’s a bit weird way to achieve what we want, but it works. At least now we can get started coding.. Can’t wait!