Been a month now since I posted. I haven’t really missed it but I do wish I’d post more.
Writing about nothing isn’t really my sort of thing, I’ve been kinda in a rut lately so deving hasn’t really been fun lately. I’m slowly working on improving my mood and my emotional state every day. Which sadly means I’m in no position to force myself to do stuff I don’t feel like doing.
A friend of mine is trying to cheer me on and help me get back on track. I’m not so sure how well it’s working though. When I’m supposed to dev I just sit there, look through my code and I have a hard time of finding the direction I need to persue in order to advance my project.
A few updates since last time atleast.. The code for buildings is started, the core is complete atleast. Same with Zoning, you know rooms e.t.c.
A Gui has turned up – A few placeholder text-buttons that actually do stuff. Although the GUI looks like crap atm… But we can sand that off.
Tomorrow I’ll try to get some more coding done – I think what I should focus on is getting the building’s more fleshed out and zoning inside buildings need to be fixed…
Hey hey hey!
How is everyone? Here it’s been an ordinary sunday. Eating some candy, doing some cleaning and playing some games. Been a good day despite the bad weather outside (Still kinda windy after the storm).
I’ve been doing some coding as well but I’ve encountered an annoying problem. I’ve a weird bug which I dunno how to resolve.
It’s in the texturemanager, when it has fetched a spritesheet and splitted it into an 2d array, I try to fetch just one row of sprites but for some reason the array is empty. Something is fishy here…
I was just thinking.. I can’t wait for the next ludum dare! It’s too early to start getting hyped for it though ^^. Next Ludum Dare is in April. Three more months!
Anyway, time to go back to coding!
This morning started just.. GREAT…
I logged in on the Swedish Tax Agency’s website to check the progress of my taxrefund. I found out that the money have been wired to me and I should have it on my account. I login on my bank, check the account and nothing has changed… To my horror I check the accountnumber and bank-id they sent it to… And I realize there’s a number missing in the bank-id… -.-
Horrified I get my phone, calls the tax agency… I get put in a phoneqeueu of 200 ppl. Although it sounds bad, 200 ppl only generated a waiting time of ca 10 minutes.
Once I get hold of a phone operator and I asked about the missing number, I found out that it was a known issue and that I shouldn’t worry. As long as the account number is correct, they can always lookup the bank id in a database..
*Phew*! Nearly gave me an heartattack there…
Anyhow, tomorrow’s another day. It’s Sweden national day! Which means a day off work 😀 and I know Exactly how to spend my free time. I’m gonna be doing the same thing I do at work, only it’s gonna be a different project, system and language. Yes, I’m gonna continue working on my game 🙂
Although progress the last few days has been scarce, I hope I’ll make enough progress tomorrow to make up for it. I’ve been doing some planning in my head and I have to rewrite the physics part of my engine a bit. It works – but it could be better. While I’m working on this game and/or engine I make sure to document every feature I put into the engine, the document contains features, version planning and a timeplan for the versions. I feel I’m a bit optimistic when I decided to get a runnable and usable engine by the end of august (version 0.1). This is only a preliminary estimation, so I’m gonna watch my progress over the next week or two to decide whether it’s a plausible deadline for 0.1 or not. Hope it is … 🙂
It’s almost midnight, which means there’ll be a new month in less than 15 minutes. I wonder, what have I accomplished during May 2013? Shortly said, I’ve started looking more into doing some gamedev on my freetime. Which is a very positive thing for me. Although I haven’t been posting for a few days since i’ve been feeling very ill. Lets hope it turns shortly so I can continue putting energy into work and my free time gamedev.
I’ve had time to think and I believe I’m going to start working abit on my own game engine in Java working with LWJGL.
I’m building it because I want to learn more about LWJGL and Java, I want to continue to evolve as a person and as a developer.
Once the engine has reached at least version 0.1 I’ll start making a small 2d platform game. Simply to test it out and because I haven’t made a platform game before!
I’ll write more in a day or maybe even two, now I’m gonna watch a movie and go to bed. Cya!
I’ve been searching my brain and internet for inspiration for a game.
Basically, we at SC want to try out our 3d engine, once it’s complete ofc, with a really nice horror themed game. We knew the theme but we had no real original concept.
But I think we got it! 😀
An hour ago, thanks to the help of some of my pals on IRC, I now have the basics of the concept for the game. It’s going to be horror, as I said, combined with puzzle. Who doesn’t like feeling absolute terror when you have to solve a puzzle.
I’m not going to give it all away here 😉
This concept involves that the player will never really know what is about to happen. Our gameengine works in a certain way to avoid predictability.
A few keywords to this concept:
That will have to do 😀 I’ll announce more in a few months when we come around making this game 😉
P.S. I promise that I’ll write better posts in the future, with more body to it 😉 D.S.