It’s Official: LD here we come!

LD (Ludum Dare) is approaching in a rapid pace, it’s this weekend!

Yet again I’ll participate with Atomic Vikings! And we’re going to have a blast of course!

Last time we participated we managed to snag rank 10! It’s going to be hard to beat but I hope we succeed cuz this time we have 2 additional members with us!

Riina, a 2d artist who joined us the days before the last LD but was unable to fully participate, she did turn up just in time to help us make a better looking logo for the game.

Olive, a 2d artist who joined just a few days ago. He’s very talented and very eager to make games! He’s multitalented, He can code a little and make some music as well.
He made this game on Android, and I highly suggest you should check it out: Tiny Fruit

 

Both are of course welcome to the team and let’s kick some A-double-S in LD!

Our “We’re-in-post” can be found here if you want more details!
http://ludumdare.com/compo/2015/04/15/atomic-vikings-are-in/

Advertisements

Monday 13/4 2015

I know how to keep going now.

I’m gonna take a breather on what I was working on. I’m gonna switch my focus to a temporary path-finding algorithm. One that works just fine until my co-worker feels better and can create the final version.

Working on pathfinding is a bit more “fun” than working on GUI. It’s more rewarding for me and I hope it’ll make me want to work more and play less games.

Which is weird, need to play less to work more.

Nom nom

Been a month now since I posted. I haven’t really missed it but I do wish I’d post more.
Writing about nothing isn’t really my sort of thing, I’ve been kinda in a rut lately so deving hasn’t really been fun lately. I’m slowly working on improving my mood and my emotional state every day. Which sadly means I’m in no position to force myself to do stuff I don’t feel like doing.
A friend of mine is trying to cheer me on and help me get back on track. I’m not so sure how well it’s working though. When I’m supposed to dev I just sit there, look through my code and I have a hard time of finding the direction I need to persue in order to advance my project.

A few updates since last time atleast.. The code for buildings is started, the core is complete atleast. Same with Zoning, you know rooms e.t.c.
A Gui has turned up – A few placeholder text-buttons that actually do stuff. Although the GUI looks like crap atm… But we can sand that off.

Tomorrow I’ll try to get some more coding done – I think what I should focus on is getting the building’s more fleshed out and zoning inside buildings need to be fixed…

Title … ?

It’s been almost a month since I posted anything.
I decided to stop my 365-day/post challenge simply cause I wasn’t feeling up for it anymore.

I’m still working hard on my project, It’s slowly getting bigger and bigger. I decided to take a step back to Java and Libgdx, simply cause it would help us out more in the late run than c++ would be able to. It would take too much work and too much time to get it working properly…

Day 39/365: Tick tock

Omg. Haha.
We found out some more info about VS (Visual Studio), so it wont work for us anymore. We’re gonna attempt ith Netbeans now. We have made a process we both need to follow to be enable to share our code between eachother.

It’s a bit weird way to achieve what we want, but it works. At least now we can get started coding.. Can’t wait!

Day 38/365: I wanna work

I’ve been very busy the last few days and the upcomming days doesn’t look better. Need to be places, need to do other stuff. It’s really annoying when I just want to work.

In a couple of days I’ll travel home again atleast, once I’m there and deal with a few minor issues I can start working on my project full time again.

 

As I wrote yesterday, we’ve been having a few issues with our development environment, but it seems like we’ve solved it now. Visual studio seem to support what we need and do the job we require. This will be my first project in a very long time made not only with c++ but it’s produced in visual studio. My last project there was the “Mando”-container I made during college. “Mando” was a container which worked similar to a associative array in php. I’m not sure how effective it was or how much resources it required (probably a lot since I’ve learned much the past few years alone).

We did set some goals while we were planning on the new engine, make all the basic classes and get the rendering going before the end of the weekend.
I’m not so sure we can accomplish it now since we had this major crisis with our IDE, but we’ll give it a go. Hopefully we’ll at least be close to accomplishing them.

Day 37/365: A lot of changes

Lol omg. I did write the post for yesterday, but I forgot to save/publish it before I turned off my computer…

Anyway, to the point. We’ve decided to change things up a bit, we’ve seen the need for greater control later on in the project. We’ll therefore step away from java for this project and make a engine based on C++ and SDL library. I’ve coded Cpp before but it’s many years ago. It has slowly started coming back as I was experimenting the entire afternoon with it. Altough, we’ve had some issues with our IDE.

We’ve tested a lot of different IDE’s in a short time and we’re gonna test Visual studio a bit more, been a long time since I tried it.