LD (Ludum Dare) is approaching in a rapid pace, it’s this weekend!
Yet again I’ll participate with Atomic Vikings! And we’re going to have a blast of course!
Last time we participated we managed to snag rank 10! It’s going to be hard to beat but I hope we succeed cuz this time we have 2 additional members with us!
Riina, a 2d artist who joined us the days before the last LD but was unable to fully participate, she did turn up just in time to help us make a better looking logo for the game.
Olive, a 2d artist who joined just a few days ago. He’s very talented and very eager to make games! He’s multitalented, He can code a little and make some music as well.
He made this game on Android, and I highly suggest you should check it out: Tiny Fruit
Both are of course welcome to the team and let’s kick some A-double-S in LD!
Our “We’re-in-post” can be found here if you want more details!
I know how to keep going now.
I’m gonna take a breather on what I was working on. I’m gonna switch my focus to a temporary path-finding algorithm. One that works just fine until my co-worker feels better and can create the final version.
Working on pathfinding is a bit more “fun” than working on GUI. It’s more rewarding for me and I hope it’ll make me want to work more and play less games.
Which is weird, need to play less to work more.
It’s been almost a month since I posted anything.
I decided to stop my 365-day/post challenge simply cause I wasn’t feeling up for it anymore.
I’m still working hard on my project, It’s slowly getting bigger and bigger. I decided to take a step back to Java and Libgdx, simply cause it would help us out more in the late run than c++ would be able to. It would take too much work and too much time to get it working properly…
Been making a bit of progress today at least. Been squishing a few bugs, fleshing out the state system. It’s progressing nicely 😀
TOmorrow is friday so I promise I’ll write more then 🙂
Forgot to make a post yesterday – Was a bit too occupied.
I did make quite some process. Got a lot of foundation done. But I ran into a annoying little bug, a sigsegv – segmentation error. First time I’ve encountered one of those. The game compiles and everything, but as soon as you run the game, it crashes and leaves basically no error. Nothing that helps me debug what is actually going on.
I do know however that my previous commit didn’t have the error so I’m backtracing my changes to see what could cause it.
Hey, Sry this post wont be long. It’s been a bad night and a bad day. Didnt sleep well at all so I’ve had issues focusing…
Been discussing if we should announce our game-project this week. Our artist say he’s ready for it. Unfortunately, the code-side isn’t ready. I guess we’ll wait for a while.
Home again from my parents house – It’s time to get greasy.
We managed to get some work done at least! Feels great! Even though we’ve changed framework, language even, and have to do a lot of stuff from the very bottom up.
Soon we’ll be ready to let our engine roar and start drawing pretty stuff.
Time to sleep now and I hope you all have a great night!